Today I am grateful for:
- the opportunity to go back to school (even though it’s a lot of work), which wouldn’t have been possible without my company’s generous support. I realize that not everyone is afforded the same opportunity and I am very privileged to be where I am.
- the kick-ass cat sweater that I’m currently sporting
- coffee (bean juice)
- a calm, quiet weekend
- time spent with good friends
- having really quality people in my life
- the simple joy of laughter
- reconnecting with a badass friend & Irish nachos :)
- an upcoming trip to Australia
- chatting with a lifelong friend of my parents last night. His continuous sincerity and kindness bring me joy. We reminisced over ridiculous things that I did as a child & it was pretty funny. I was (let’s-be-real, continue to be) a piece of work.
- newfound motivation
- starting to run again
- getting stronger
- I probably don’t even need to say this– but my animals. They’re too damn cute for me to handle.
- learning to ski & having a blast
- birthday o’clock
- pizza <3
- cousins– built-in lifelong friends
I’m sure I’m missing plenty of other things– but this is what’s top of mind at the moment. Life is good :)
I am grateful for:
-the amazing individuals who we were able to spend time with over the course of this weekend
-my health and the health of those around me
-the opportunities that I have been afforded
Today I am thankful for:
-The friend who I made today at jury duty
-My job and wonderful coworkers
-Upcoming opportunities to travel
-My favorite professor
I am grateful for: having a safe furnished home to return to at the end of every day, having access to clean water, being privileged enough to receive an education, and having a plentiful amount of food available to me.
I have lived a very fortunate life and am thankful for all of the resources that have been provided to me.
Today I am especially thankful for all of the different opportunities that have been available to me throughout my life. I am very thankful to be where I am today.
I am grateful for having met so many truly remarkable people. To all of the people who have been a part of my life, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am very fortunate to have met you.
Here’s another great submission that we received. Reading these lists makes me so happy :)
I have a lot of things that make me happy. Some things come and go, but most of this stuff has been around for a long time, or it is here to stay now. The things that make me happy are:
1. My loving family. Sometimes we don’t always agree, but my parents always support me, even when I mess up.
2. My awesome girlfriend. While she has been a part of my life before, she has been very supportive as we have started to understand each other better.
3. My dogs. They both know how to make me super happy and they’re so goofy. Typing this right now almost made me want to talk in a doggy-voice.
4. My education. I haven’t finished yet, and won’t finish for a few more years, but it is nice to know that I have started it and hopefully it will lead me to somewhere I want to go.
5. My friends. Some are better than others, and there are a few I will try to always be friends with. The others I am happy to have met, and that they have changed me in one way or another.
6. Music. My type of music has changed over the years, but I think it has changed just like I have, and it makes me happy listening to songs that comfort me. I could be in a strange world with unknown surroundings, but hearing my favorite band would start to make me feel right at home.
7. Food. Especially buffalo sauce. Nothing makes me happier than food (sorry family, dogs, and girlfriend, I hope you understand) and buffalo sauce can make my day 100000000000 times better. If I’m not in the mood for food or buffalo sauce, then I am having a really bad day.
A lot of other stuff makes me happy, but these are the few things that are going to make me happy 99% of the time.
I love waking up to the sound of birds outside of my window. It’s amazing how much of a difference the little things in life can make.